Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tension in the Body

As I sit on the plane en route to the largest bike race of the 100's I
have done over the years, the mind is racing.

I was awaken this morning at 4:20 by the strong wind and heavy rain
beating on my window. The mind immediately thought about my flight - I
had no reason to worry yet, but with my bike potentially having issues
getting out there, the blizzard like conditions last weekend out west,
and the normal sensitivity to schedule issues I couldn't get back to
sleep. I did the math in my head and realized that I was up at 1:20 am
PST and likely wouldn't get to the hotel, check in, get dinner and get
settled until close to 9:00 pm PST. This isn't ideal conditions for
rest the day before the biggest race I have ever raced.

Mackenzie seems much more rested and relaxed than me - either due to
relative ignorance of her surroundings, or she could just be enjoying
and soaking it all in like we talked.

Either way, the excitement is building and the days will fly. Pictures
and stories to follow soon.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Biggest race you have ever raced? Aren't you forgeting about a certain Sunflower Revolution?