Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Decent Ride - Finally

While today was Easter I did manage to get out for a good ride. After sitting inside most of yesterday watching the weather get worse and worse it was nice to see the sun today. Got about 3 hours 20 minutes in today. This is a shorter ride than I should be getting in this time of year, but given the circumstances it was definitely a great ride. The only down side was that on the final approach into the house it was snowing in small patches - hopefully that this the last I see of snow until next winter.

Another positive is that I have been very impressed with the BMC Streetfire SSX I bought in the fall to replace the Scott Sportster I tried to back into the garage while on top of the car. I have ridden about 1,500 miles on it already, but every single mile was an indoor trainer mile, and that doesn't give you much info on whether the frame is a good riding frame.

The BMC is a full aluminum frame and most people immediately scoff at full aluminum. However it was surprisingly comfortable for 3+ hours today after riding it outside on Thursday and Friday of last week too. Looks like I have finally found a solid trainer/winter/crit frame that will also be comfortable for every day riding.

No comments: